For OIART’s 35 year history, we have had a global reputation and are proud to have alumni from all over the world. Students from over 35 countries have chosen OIART as the place to begin their audio journey. In addition to all over Canada and the US, we’ve had students from Japan, UK, Germany, Korea, China, India, Mexico, Spain, the Caribbean, Turkey, Norway, UAE, Pakistan, Norway, Mozambique and Brazil just to name a few. International students are one of the reasons our student body is so diverse and inclusive.
1. Visit or Contact Us
Visiting our campus is a first step for many prospective students. It will give you the chance to see our audio engineering creative spaces, ask any questions you may have, and discuss how our program will meet your specific goals.
If you’re unable to visit us, you can set up a phone appointment, skype call or get in touch via email or text to get the information you need.
Contact our Admissions Office to set up a tour or to set up a phone or skype appointment.
2. Complete Free Application Form
Complete the online application form (including your contact information, contact information for 1 reference and information on your interest and background). There is no fee to apply.
3. Submit Academic Documents
Submit the following documents by email, mail, or fax:
• High School Graduates: Proof of high school` graduation or equivalency, with transcripts.
• High School Students: Most recent transcripts. Updated transcripts and proof of high school graduation must be submitted to the Registrar’s office by July 15th of the upcoming school year.
• College/University Graduates or Students: Most recent transcripts, in addition to high school transcripts if program is not complete.
• Applicants whose first language is not English must submit TOEFL, PTE Academic or Cambridge EFL results, since oral and written comprehension are crucial for your success.
• Minimum TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based) or 88 (internet based with no test below 22)
• IELTS Academic with an overall minimum score of 6.5 (no single test score below 6.0)
• PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English) score 61 and up.
4. Apply for Study Permit
If your application is accepted, we will send you an acceptance letter, which you will need to apply for a Study Permit.
Follow the link to Government of Canada Immigration’s website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp
5.Complete Enrollment Form
If your application is accepted, we will send you an enrollment form which, should you decide to attend, must be completed & returned with an enrollment deposit to secure your spot in the program
6. Find Housing
London is a safe, vibrant, and affordable city. Whether you are looking for shared or single accommodation, plenty of options exist in close proximity to the school. Please refer for our housing page for more details.
Prior to commencing the program and arriving in Canada, you will need to obtain health insurance. Information and resources for health insurance for foreign students:
Additional International Student Resources:
Foreign Embassies and Consulates: https://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-in/canada
For International Student support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-686-5010 ext 22.