Make the Right Choice
Before you apply, we encourage you to explore the full range of educational options in audio technology. Research other schools, and speak with graduates and industry professionals. This decision will shape your future, and we want you to be certain it’s the right one for you.
We’ve even created an Audio School Selection Guide (pdf) specifically to help you make the right choice.
Parents and Counsellors
Our program is strongly career oriented, as reflected by our admission standards. Applicants are carefully selected for the passion, ambition and intelligence they’ll need to succeed in our program and, more importantly, their careers.
Once accepted, students are immersed in a rich learning environment, with an exceptionally experienced faculty, a variety of professional-grade studios, and a curriculum focused on practical experience and employability.
Here are a few quick facts about OIART:
- Year Founded: 1983
- School Type: Private Career College
- Location: London, Ontario, Canada
- Located close to: Toronto, Detroit
- Enrollment: Full-time only (64 students max.)
- Degree: College-level diploma in Audio Recording Technology (Recording and Production)
- Instructional Staff: Largest full-time audio faculty in Canada. All faculty members exceed qualification standards set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Student to Instructor Ratio: 5:1 in lectures and 4:1 in labs
- Graduate Support and Career Assistance: Alumni Network and Personalized Employment Assistance
OIART also offers:
- Career development assistance
- Six fully-equipped on-site studios, and numerous independent learning stations
- Private tutorials at no extra cost
- All classes and labs are held in specially designed lecture studios
- More than 50% of the program is dedicated to practical lab experience